Re: Can an email be resent using Sales Insights?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can an email be resent using Sales Insights?

We have sales insights integrated with Microsoft Dynamics. When our sales team is following up with our contacts, they get into situations where someone "didn't get an email" or "can't find it". Is there a way to resend an email that is showing up on a contact's record? I know there is an option to send a sample, but can the email be actually resent?

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

Sales Insight provides 2 ways to send an email :

1. send an email directly. The email needs to be published for sales insight (edit the email, then email actions -> settings). advantages
    1. the sales can edit the message before sending and personalize it
  2. add a lead to a smart campaign that will send the email. You will need a trigger campaign with a "campaign is requested" trigger with source = sales insight. Advantages :
    1. marketing can control what is done
    2. the sales cannot change the email content, so you have better control over the message
    3. the smart campaign can do more things than just sending the email (changing data, adding to a program, ...)
    4. All tokens can be used, unlike with 1, where some tokens will not work.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. We currently publish emails to sales insight but it takes out any of the html formatting, so our marketing emails that include images don't come through on the dynamics side. I didn't know if there was something else that we needed to do other than having to create another campaign for sales to drop people into. I wish there was just a resend button on emails they have received without having to set up another campaign. Thanks again!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

The campaign is really easy to set up, though.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can send an email directly from MSI.  The email must be made available to MSI by the editor in Marketo.  Once that is done the salesreps have access to it and can send it along as many times as they want.