SOLVED

Campaign sync(sfdc), default lead queue?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign sync(sfdc), default lead queue?

I'm working on moving my instance off of a custom campaign solution and onto the native one. After reading the docs I found "If this person doesn't exist in Salesforce, Marketo will create it in Salesforce and then add him/her to the campaign."

Is there a default lead queue that is created that leads are assigned to? I could not find any information on this in the docs, only up to the point of enabling the sync. I see the sync person to SFDC flow step has 'assign to' but how are leads handled when an entire campaign is synced? Feel like I'm missing something here.

Also, if you know of any good write-ups on the topic more detailed than the docs, please share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne_Wink1
Level 2

Re: Campaign sync(sfdc), default lead queue?

Hi Tony,

When a lead is synced to Salesforce via the campaign sync rather than a 'Sync lead to SFDC' flow step, Marketo refers to the lead assignment rules that are set up inside of Salesforce.

If you are an admin in Salesforce, go to Setup > Leads > Lead Assignment rules to see whether any assignment rules are set up for your organisation.

If no assignment rules are set up, the new lead will be assigned to the Default Lead Owner (Setup > Leads > Lead Settings)

Hope this helps!

-Suzanne

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Suzanne_Wink1
Level 2

Hi Tony,

When a lead is synced to Salesforce via the campaign sync rather than a 'Sync lead to SFDC' flow step, Marketo refers to the lead assignment rules that are set up inside of Salesforce.

If you are an admin in Salesforce, go to Setup > Leads > Lead Assignment rules to see whether any assignment rules are set up for your organisation.

If no assignment rules are set up, the new lead will be assigned to the Default Lead Owner (Setup > Leads > Lead Settings)

Hope this helps!

-Suzanne

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Suzanne! Just what I was looking for.