Campaign Members Stuck in Wait Step

Lauren_Galietti
Level 3

Campaign Members Stuck in Wait Step

I recently launched a program ("Program A") that included a campaign with flow steps 1) Send Email 2) Change Program Status 3) Wait 4) Add to list (for a new program "Program B")

The first batch of leads moved through this flow just fine. However, in subsequent weeks, our other groups of leads received the email as part of Program A and then never moved on. (It's all together possible that I did something to mess up the flow, I'm just not sure what...)

In any event, if my campaign in "Program B" is set up such that leads can only run through the flow once...is there any harm in me moving the leads to that program myself? Just wondering if I'm overlooking anything...

Thanks for the help!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Campaign Members Stuck in Wait Step

There are a lot of possible variables with this situation, so weird things could happen if you don't first identify what is going on. I'm thinking, theoretically, there shouldn't be any issues, but I have seen funky things before. Have you investigated further why the Leads aren't moving over? Checked Activity Logs? Run reports on the campaign to see how many Leads are in the Wait Step?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Campaign Members Stuck in Wait Step

It's a little unclear what is going on.

Check the campaign overview tab to see if leads are currently in wait step: X Leads in Wait Step.

How many leads completed Campaign A?

How is Campaign B picking up leads from the List? Is it 

Trigger: Added to List IS "List A" ?

Is Campaign B a batch?

It could be that leads in A have already run through B once and are just getting to the List and being ignored.

You can certainly do a special campaign:

Campaign C:
Smart List = Members of Campaign A OR Members of List A and Members NOT IN Campaign B
Flow: Remove from Campaign A; Request Campaign B

so you'll need to add a Trigger to Campaign B: On Request FROM Marketo Flow Action