Re: 'campaign_id' and 'campaign_run_id'

syam_yerragudi
Level 1

'campaign_id' and 'campaign_run_id'

Hi,

Context:

we are running a program with 2 trigger campaign. first trigger checks user's eligibility and if satisfied, an email is sent to that client. now, I want to filter the users who received this email (sent, delivered, opened, clicked e.t.c) with the trigger campaign's campaign_id say 'x' . but for some reason, I'm getting the wrong result set.

however, I've noticed that the correct list of users who received this email have a different campaign_run_id say 'p'. 

1. can you please explain the relationship between campaign_id and campaign_run_id and how can i use these to filter the correct set of results??

2. this email also has a link, when pressed on it takes the user to a webpage. i would also like to use activities_visit_webpage to extract the users that visited this webpage. how can i achieve that?

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You seem to be alluding to the REST API, but using terms that aren’t used by Marketo’s actual API endpoints (activities_visit_webpage isn’t a term in the API itself).

Are you using some kind of language-specific SDK?  Please be specific about what/how you‘re connecting.

P.S. Most people would think “result set” meant a Report or Smart List, but reading between the lines I assume you mean the response to an API call. It pays to give more detail.

monalig
Level 1

We would recommend not to use the campaign for filtering record in the second trigger campaign, instead, use Opens email or email is delivered or clicks link in the email as the triggers

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pretty sure this isn't related to the thread?