SOLVED

Call Lists Updated in Real Time for Non-Salesforce User

Go to solution
Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Call Lists Updated in Real Time for Non-Salesforce User

We are looking for a way to pull lists via the API into a database that our AEs can use to make calls. Since we do not use Salesforce we do not have an out-of-the-box call system integrated with Marketo. We do have a standalone call system database that I'd like to import Marketo leads into via the API.

Since smart lists cannot be accessed via the API, we have to use static lists. But static lists do not update based on real-time actions. I'm considering making smart lists and campaigns to push contacts into static lists then pulling the static list via the API. Then I could update the static lists every few hours or daily.

For example, one list would have a smart list, smart campaign and static list. I'd set up my filters to choose the leads I want for the specific list in the smart list, set up my smart campaign with a smart list of "member of smart list", flow "add to list" and then pull the static list via the API with all of the fields we want and need. The smart lists and smart campaigns may seem redundant, but I'd be able to easily understand how many and what leads are supposed to be in each list with this little addition.

Is this the best approach? Does anyone have ideas on how best to keep the lists up-to-date?

Thank you in advance for your time and idea. Hopefully this makes sense to some of you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Call Lists Updated in Real Time for Non-Salesforce User

It sounds like you are mostly there. Think of it this way:

Trigger: X action+Filters

Flow: Add to List

Then pull that list from the API any number of times per day. Just remember you only get 10k/day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It sounds like you are mostly there. Think of it this way:

Trigger: X action+Filters

Flow: Add to List

Then pull that list from the API any number of times per day. Just remember you only get 10k/day.

Megan_Reed1
Level 4

Thanks Josh!