SOLVED

Re: Calendar Token -- Time Zone Difference Question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar Token -- Time Zone Difference Question

I am using the Calendar token for an event that we are hosting in California. Our instance of Marketo is EST.

My question is, should I be accounting for the difference in time zones when I create the token, or will my recipients' calendars do this automatically. If the event is at 8pm PDT, should I create the token event to start at 11pm? Or should I keep at it 8, assuming that my recipients' calendars will adjust (even if they are already based in California)?

I would assume it will adjust automatically, but I want to be positive.

Thanks!

Steve

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stephen!

It will adjust automatically, but there is an issue between daylight time and standard time (in our instance, at least), so you'll want to test to make sure when you download the Calendar Invite that it is displaying the correct time. If it is, you're good to go!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stephen!

It will adjust automatically, but there is an issue between daylight time and standard time (in our instance, at least), so you'll want to test to make sure when you download the Calendar Invite that it is displaying the correct time. If it is, you're good to go!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Zach,

This is what is throwing me off is this -- The party begins at 8:00 PM PDT so the EDT highlighted below is what concerns me (since the party doesn't start at 8:00 PM EDT).

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically the party starts at 11:00 PM EDT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah gotcha! Then yes, you need to make it the proper EDT since that's what your system is in. Or, you can go to Admin > Location > Default Location Settings > Edit and change to PDT if that's where you're headquartered and want the system to reflect regularly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Zach -- appreciate your input.

Yes, that was the issue. We are located in NYC but the event is in LA.

Marketo support has confirmed to adjust manually to 11 for the event that begins at 8.

Stebe