SOLVED

Calendar file not working

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar file not working

We are setting up a campaign to go out with an autoresponder that includes a calendar file. We've set it up with the tokens on the program but the link isn't active when we do a test deployment. When we click on the link in the preview window it goes to a 404 page not pound error.

Any ideas what might be wrong with the token?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calendar file not working

Hi Richard,

The same thing happens to me as well when I'm testing the calendar file in the preview. However, it works when I send myself a test. I'm guessing this must be a bug in the preview mode.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Richard,

How are you coding the calendar token into your emails? If you made the same mistake I did, and coded the token as an actual URL link, it won't work. It has to be coded in as plain text, which to me was counterintuitive.

If you're only testing it in the preview pane, that may causing problems too. I haven't see that happen to me, but I've noticed certain things don't always work in preview mode, and you need to look at the live link/email. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

The same thing happens to me as well when I'm testing the calendar file in the preview. However, it works when I send myself a test. I'm guessing this must be a bug in the preview mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed as above - the only way it worked for me is with the test email sent to myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ended up going told school and creating the ical file and importing it into Marketo. It's sounding like it's a bit tempermental, we set up the token and then inserted the token into the email and it wouldn't work in either the preview or the test email.

We'll keep trying, I'm guessing there is one small step we've missed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The calendar token is very finicky for me, and more than half the time it doesn't seem to work at all. I follow all the instructions, and occassionally it works correctly, but more often than not I have to resort to an .ics file.