Calendar File .ics Link Button Style

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar File .ics Link Button Style

I have a solution to this - 

Step 1 - You have to get the URL of your calendar file:
a) In Marketo create the calendar file as a token, and make the "Hyperlink Text" a plain text value (e.g. Save the Date, or Click here)
b) Within your email, place the token anywhere
c) Approve and send a sample of your email to your inbox
d) Open the sample email and copy the link URL of the token. Save it in a text editor or somewhere accessible

Step 2 - Add the link of the calendar file to your button
a) Now that you have the URL of the calendar file, go back to your token settings in the marketo program
b) Replace the hyperlink text with the "span styling" of the button or the "a styling" of the text within the button as you have been advised to do by Jordan above. The only difference is that you add the hyperlink of the calendar file - for example:

<a href = "yourcalendarfileURL.com">buttonimage.png</a>

So for example, the html code that Boris K used above would be amended to be:

<span style="color: #e05206;font-weight:bold;"><a href="yourcalendarfileURL.com">Add this event to your diary</a></span>

My code looks like this:

<a href = "http://go.google-mkto.com/i05T0AP70fCxxxxxxxx" target="_blank" style="background-color: #4285f4; color: #ffffff; border-radius: 3px; height: 50px; line-height: 50px; display: inline-block; width: 180px; font-size: 15px; text-decoration: none;">Add to calendar</a>

Let me know if this worked for you.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Calendar File .ics Link Button Style

Thanks Yomi.

The old way of doing this was to create an ICS in Outlook or Calendar and export it, upload it to Marketo, and then do what you did. Good to know there are options.