SOLVED

Calendar Event in an Email for Recurring Webinars

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar Event in an Email for Recurring Webinars

I'm trying to include a calendaring event (.ics) to webinar confirmation emails.  The only issue is that this is for recurring webinars and I've not hooked up Webex with Marketo for this one since Marketo does not support recurring webinars.

I still want the users to be able to save the date to their calendars.  Is it possible to configure it such that the "calendar" token looks at the "webinar date" which is also a token becuase its dynamic? Do I have to create a separate "save the date" token for each confirmation email (Monday to Friday)?

I've created a Smart Campaign that's listening to all the form fill-outs and triggering a confirmation email off of that.  The webinar date is populating correctly since its on the LP, I can't figure out the "Save the Date" piece of it.

Your help is much appreciated!

-Divya

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calendar Event in an Email for Recurring Webinars

Hi Divya

Unfortunately Marketo does not officially support recurring webinars or events with the standard integration.

Despite that there are a number of customers that have found a workaround although it is not officially supported. Find the guide for the workaround here How to Setup Recurring Webinars in MarketoMarketing Rockstar Guides

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Divya,

Unfortunately, I believe that you have to create a calendar file for each webinar. Since Mkto does not support recurring webinars, each webinar is viewed as one, isolated event. And the date section of the calendar file does not accept tokens. It would be nice if some of the information was pre-populated after you synced to WebEx, or whatever your event partner is. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Divya

Unfortunately Marketo does not officially support recurring webinars or events with the standard integration.

Despite that there are a number of customers that have found a workaround although it is not officially supported. Find the guide for the workaround here How to Setup Recurring Webinars in MarketoMarketing Rockstar Guides

Thanks