Re: Bullets aren't rendering correctly in email (formatting)

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Bullets aren't rendering correctly in email (formatting)

Hi all - I'm baffled. My bullets aren't rendering correctly in my email. It's fine when I'm in the editor, but then when looking at the email, still in draft, the bullets aren't indented as desired.

CODE

<span style="font-size: 14px; color: #000000; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Check inquiries and verification</span> <br />

<ul>

<li><span style="color: #000000; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Individuals: Take the check in question...</span><br /></li>

<li><span style="color: #000000; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Financial institutions: Call 1-800....</span></li>

</ul>

ATTACHMENTS

Bullets_Email-Mkto.PNG

TIA!

17 REPLIES 17
Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Hi Erica Dipyatic​,

The <ul> <li> takes by default padding and margin which creates the rendering issues on email clients. So, Please use the attached code:

Regards,

Akshay Pant

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Thank you, Akshay Pant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey All

I am having this issue - well similar- i am getting an extra space before my bullets begin. How do i get rid of that extra space??

Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Hi Brienne Edmonds​,

Could you please share the details in which you are facing issue ?

Regards,

Akshay Pant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Akshay Pant​ thank you for the response- here is all the info:) extra spaces in outlook -#renderproblems

Let me know if there is anything else i can provide to hep. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ashkay. Could you please help me as well? I'm getting an extra bullet before my 2nd indents (client entertaining)

<ul>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">All expense claims must be entered into and approved through the Concur expense system.<br></font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">A number of expenses require pre-approval which are outlined in Appendix 1 of the policy. This includes all air travel which must be pre-approved by the employee&rsquo;s relevant Executive prior to making travel arrangements.<br></font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">Expenses must be supported by local sales tax (VAT/GST etc.) receipts where applicable and receipts must be addressed to the employee&rsquo;s employing entity wherever possible e.g. hotel bills, conference costs, car hire etc.<br></font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">Claims for expenses greater than 3 months from the transaction date will not be reimbursed.</font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">Lunch is not a business expense, unless it is:</font></li>
<li style="list-style: none; display: inline">
<ul>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">Client entertaining.</font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">An employee is travelling abroad.</font></li>
<li><font color="#414042" style="font-family:'Calibri', Arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; font-weight:normal; color:#414042;">Pre-approved by a member of the Executive team.</font></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Thank you!

Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Hi Robin Mazer​,

Please find the attached zip file with updated code.Hope this helps. If not please share the screenshot of the issue that you are facing.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Ashkay. I updated with your code and am still getting the random additional bullet in the indented list in Outlook:

pastedImage_0.png

Any other thoughts? Really appreciate the assistance.

Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Hi Robin Mazer​,

Please find the attached zip file.

Thanks!!