Bounced email addresses that should be accurate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bounced email addresses that should be accurate

Hi everyone! We're in the process of running an email campaign for an event invitation and had 100% deliverability on our first send (2 weeks ago), but had a 10% drop in deliverability this week on our reminder email. I know these emails to be accurate, and I know these individuals have taken action (opened/clicked) on previous emails from earlier in February. In the activity log, I found the following:

Untitled.png

Strangely enough, the same email send had other people from this company, and their emails went through fine. Is this an issue of a few individuals marking us as spam? Is it possible the emails suddenly changed and it's reading a blacklist?

Our email performance has improved dramatically this year, so I'm a bit dumbfounded. Any feedback or ideas for troubleshooting are appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Bounced email addresses that should be accurate

Hi Jasmine,

That could be the action of an anti spam system.

Look at the activity log of that person, and look into the details of the bounced activity, and paste here a screen shot showing the bounced code. May be we can make sense of it.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 4.34.38 PM.png

This is all I've got (as shown in the other screenshot as well).

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Well, it's quite self-expanatory and unfortunate. You have been blacklisted as a sender.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I'm confused by, though - we had the same email go to other folks at the same company and they were delivered just fine. If we were truly blacklisted, would those emails not have also been blocked?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It might not necessarily be a blacklisting at company level, only at individual one.

Or it might be because the first few email went through and after a few, the email system blacklisted your sending address.

Probably more the second reason than the first one, IMHO.

-Greg

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Jasmine Jackson-Irwin​,

Is there a different URL or link in the new email? (Such as faking a forward in your reminder email and adding an email signature with a link back to your website?) You could try removing the link and resending it to see if that works.

With that being said, Grégoire Michel​ explanation is probably the correct one but my point above might be worth a try if relevant as I have read of others solving the issue that way.

Thanks,

Gerard​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I don't think that was the case with this email - we very intentionally kept things the same - but I will keep that in mind for future sends. I wasn't aware that could cause a trigger.