Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Block Leads in Salesforce From Coming to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Leads in Salesforce From Coming to Marketo

I have a few thousand leads in Marketo with no email address. Since the sync between Marketo and Salesforce doesnt check to see if an email exists, Salesforce keeps pushing these over. I need to setup some type of rule that says if email field is blank or does not contain @, then dont send to Marketo during sync. Anyone doing this? I would really appreciate some help on how to go about setting this up.

No sense paying for contacts that have no email 🙂

Thanks
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block Leads in Salesforce From Coming to Marketo

I have a campaign that does just what you said "If lead is created and email address does not contain '@' then delete lead (but not in CRM)" there is also a way to block the Marketo Sync profile from being able to see these indivduals at all and therefore won't sync them. There is a good article in the community here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GsPYCA0
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super helpful! Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina,

I have also configured this on the Salesforce end using sharing rules. Essentially create a custom Marketo group and only allow visibility to leads and contacts with an email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise that you should work your way through this data and add the emails at some point.

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

how would you suggest i block a group of contacts from synching over. i want to delete them from Marketo but want to keep them in SFDC. my thought was add them all to a campaign and then do a smart campaign that says if member of SFDC campaign don't sync to marketo

will this work?