SOLVED

Block lead creation but not lead update?

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Block lead creation but not lead update?

Hi,

I'm trying to run a few programs where I'm updating some information in the lead database and trying to see if I can run it entirely via Marketo where I run a list import and if the email address matches, it updates the fields, but if there is no match Marketo takes no action.

As far as I can tell from the list import options and user profiles, that can't be done with a simple list upload.

Are my only options to either run VLOOKUP's in Excel to isolate and remove the non-matches before upload, or run the data update through SFDC via Demandtools?

Did I overlook something in Marketo?

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block lead creation but not lead update?

I think you are right on this.  A workaround might be to create a campaign that deletes new leads created from the program in question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are right on this.  A workaround might be to create a campaign that deletes new leads created from the program in question.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

I was afraid of this. I'll wait to see if anyone else in the community has another idea, just in case.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Removing leads that are created on a list import is very easy :

Use the "list Name" constraint of the "Lead is created" trigger or the "List was created" filter. It will give you the leads that were created on import into this list, that you can immediately delete.

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Right, that's what I had assumed, just wanted to know if there was a way to not remove the leads from the database retroactively.

Thanks for all the help.