SOLVED

Block Field: Boolean Null still set?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Field: Boolean Null still set?

Hi All,

we have set up our marketo/SF sync so that any leads created in Marketo that have the field "Sync Disabled" set to true are not created in Salesforce. This is mainly because we import some lists that are one time things, so we import them as Sync disabled for those that are not already in the system. I would import them as untrusted, and have the field blocked from updated from untrusted list importants.  This used to work (or at least I'm pretty sure it did).  Any already created lead would be added to the list and not have that field be updated, while new contacts were created with that field as "True".

Lately though, it's been updating the field on those that are already in the system. It says that it changed it from "Null" to "True".

Ideas of what I might be doing wrong or any work arounds? I could have sworn that it was working before.

** Also two quick notes. I double checked that it was as an untrusted source. It even showed "Blocked" in the field choosing screen.  Secondly, I looked at the contacts that were already in the system. It says that it changed [null] to [true] for the boolean field, so I know they were already being synced in SF.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block Field: Boolean Null still set?

To anyone who comes across this. My solution was to have an actrive trigger campaign. If the field gets set to True and the SFDC is not empty, then it gets set back to false. This has worked so far.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Field Blocked just means it won't overwrite an EXISTING value.

NULL means it is not existing. In the case of a T/F field, NULL=False as well.

So if your lead had Sync Block=TRUE, then you tried to import it as FALSE, Marketo won't change the value.

So my recommendation is that you unblock this field and continue to use the flag from the import to determine when someone should be set to TRUE to block the sync.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fellow Josh!

So if Null = False as well, does that mean that False is non existant as well?

And I'm not trying to change any from True to False. I'm trying to prevent those that are false/Null to be turned into True when I import the list. The csv list has some new leads and some leads already in the system. The new leads I'm trying to get set to "True" so that it prevents them from syncing. The already created leads I'm wanting to stay as Null/False. But it's auto filling in that field. Is there some way to prevent that or have any nulls be falses for any new leads that are created without that field updated? I don't know if there is even a way to pull a list of those that are null.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

To anyone who comes across this. My solution was to have an actrive trigger campaign. If the field gets set to True and the SFDC is not empty, then it gets set back to false. This has worked so far.