SOLVED

Blacklisting - smart campaigns and manual processes - overwrite?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blacklisting - smart campaigns and manual processes - overwrite?

I have a smart campaign running with a list of email domains that should be blacklisted. If I go into a contact (who's domain is black listed), and deselect them as being blacklisted, does this process overwrite the work of the live smart campaign? The qualification rules in my smart list state that a lead can run through the flow 'every time'. Does this mean at some point it will be switched back to being blacklisted? Perhaps after the record has been updated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Blacklisting - smart campaigns and manual processes - overwrite?

Question should be in @Products, I think.

UI (manual) updates won't stop the Smart Campaign from running and changing that same field back. Only with a filter added to the SC could you skip leads that are in a special "override SC" state.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Question should be in @Products, I think.

UI (manual) updates won't stop the Smart Campaign from running and changing that same field back. Only with a filter added to the SC could you skip leads that are in a special "override SC" state.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford, thanks for this - I tested on a contact but the 'Black Listed' checkbox in their contact record is still unchecked. Does this still mean it's picked up by the SC?

Can you elaborate on including a filter in the SC that skips leads that are in this special 'override SC' state? How could I go about doing this?

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Doesn't directly answer your question, but if you're looking to globally blacklist certain users, it probably makes sense to use a segmentation, such as a Email Status Segmentation or Lifecycle Status Segmentation.