Re: Blacklist remediation and activity history?

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Blacklist remediation and activity history?

We are struggling with some blacklist notifications. When I receive the notifications from Marketo, I am pointed to this article, Simple Blacklist Remediation. Now, if Activity History is only tracked for 90 days, how does the use of these filters with the constraint date of "in past 6 months" actually work? It seems like all of the suggested inactivity filters should be set to 3 months since that is the length of activity history. What am I missing?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I agree you will have to set it up for the past 3 months for inactivity. Make sure that you include that they were sent the email that caused the blacklisting, and if anything changed from a recent email. You can exclude those that were sent the previous email if no blacklisting was caused to reduce to those that were sent a more recent email.

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Hi Jackie, What do you mean by "and if anything changed from a recent email?" I'm not really following what you mean. Thanks.

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

If you had sent a previous email that did not result in any blacklists, then you should see if any smart list criteria changed in the current email send that caused a blacklist. Did a new list get added? Did you add/change a filter in the smart list?