In offering a premium email delivery platform to our customers we carefully monitor our IPs for listings on significant blacklists. When we find that one of our customers was responsible for a blacklisting we contact that customer and request some actions be taken to re-mediate the issue.
The goal is to isolate potential spamtrap addresses and remove them. The group of addresses you select should be broad enough to capture those potentially bad addresses but small enough not to suppress a huge portion of your database.
Build an inactive Smart List using ALL filters
- Was sent email the day of and day before the spam trap hit (please contact email@example.com for the date of the trap hit if you do not have this information already.)
- Lead “was created” date is at least 6 months ago
- Not visited web page is “any”; constraint date of activity “in past 3 months”
- Not filled out form is “any”, constraint date of activity “in past 6 months”
- Not clicked link in email is “any”, constraint date of activity “in past 6 months”
- Not opened email is “any”, constraint date of activity “in past 6 months”
If you have custom database fields that would show other forms of activity feel free to add this into your inactive Smart List to exclude active leads.
Once you have created a smart list to identify these suspect leads remove them from your database.
[Leads Tab > Lead Actions > Flow Actions]