Re: Biggest Reporting Challenge?

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Biggest Reporting Challenge?

I am going to be doing a live stream with some special reporting gurus in the coming month and I'm curious to know.

What is your biggest reporting challenge/question facing you right now?

8 REPLIES 8
Justin_Gray1
Level 4

It seems that more than a few marketers are struggling with two critical metrics:

1. Multi-channel weighted campaign attribution

2. Full funnel metrics - i.e. lead lifecycle velocity and conversion points

Supported by the results of a very extensive benchmarking survey LeadMD recently completed based on 2000+ hyper-growth orgs: The 2016 Marketing Maturity Benchmark Report - LeadMD

David_Gaible
Level 7

Our biggest current challenge is coming up with a start to estimating program costs. We're using most features of RCE (and getting tremendous value out of the reports) but we don't yet have a great way to start estimating program costs.

Looking forward to the event, please post registration info on Community!

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Great idea, Pierce.  First, even getting ready and set up for reporting is/was a challenge.  You cannot just turn on RCE and it work beautifully, though that is often what is promised.  What detail/data/systems required to even begin reporting was not easy to determine and often was trial and error for us. 

I'd agree with Justin on multi-channel attribution.  Specifically, we are in the midst of building our social attribution/reporting model and all the nitty gritty detail that entails.

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

I think for us, and perhaps everyone, is the ability to get the data out of Marketo to blend together with other sources and to place into a datawarehouse.  The API limits are very very limiting

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great feedback so far. Please keep it coming Marketing Nation!

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

My biggest pain within RCE Is the limitation around Acquisition program for FT attribution. We want to track paid channel (on the program level), and also the specific offer that the lead engaged with before converting so we can find out what assets perform the best for us. Right now, we have enabled our programs to trigger off the UTM parameters, so we know which channels perform the best for us. We then would like to dive into which assets from those channel perform the best, and the assets are processed as a separate program. Would love some guidance on how to best set this up.

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Awesome questions guys - we will incorporate all of these into the livestream.

We are going to use Crowdcast.io to do the livestream, so you guys can come and participate and ask questions and upvote others that you would like us to touch on.

Register here:  Reporting Livestream

Social Ad - v1c.png

Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

We will also be going through Anish's Marketo Reporting Checklist. This is a really good one that summarizes the top 10 things you should be doing in order to get good Marketo reports.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 3.14.08 PM.png