SOLVED

Re: Best way to run a send time optimization report?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to run a send time optimization report?

I want to run a report that shows opens/clicks/conversions by date and time in order to help determine the optimal send times for my audience. I would then naturally slice by verital, job title, etc. I thought this would be a canned report that I could customize, but I can't find anything like it.

Any suggestions or best practices to obtain this kind of intel? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would your chart look something like the one below?  If so, Marketo's new Email Analysis  capability in RCE may be of interest.  It was announced in the April release, but has is being rolled out in phases according to product management, so I'm not sure when it will be available.

0EM50000000QQKt.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the only way to easily do this will be to sync email click and open activities and fill out form activities to you CRM and run an activity report in your CRM to determine the optimal time for those activiites.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you looking for aggregate stats for your entire Marketo instance? If so, how would you make use this data? If not (or either way, I suppose), can you give an Excel screenshot or something to show the type of data table you're looking for?
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I'm talking about is really an interaction analysis for specific segmentation groups. Then using that data in ralation to varied send-times in order to spot behavioir patterns.

For example: We send a Channel newsletter out on a weekly basis every Wednesday afternoon at 2pm ET. It contains promos, contests, original content our partners can use to sell, training webinars, etc.  I'd like to create a report that tells me when (day/time) people are opening this message and when they are clicking on links in this message. Then vary the send time to 10am on the same day, then roll it back a day, etc. Take all of the snapshot results and compare them and you'll start to spot trends. the same thing can be done with any other subset of your database.

The physical chart would be laid out like a calendar, days are columns, rows are hours in the day. Stat with the day of the send and look 5 days forward. Each box contains the percent of opens or clicks (or whatever you're measuring) in the cell. Shade the cell from red to yellow to green depending on the percentage of interation. A quick visual comparison of your snapshots will lead to some emerging trends for that segmentation group.

The ultimate goal is to determine the optimal time to send messagin to a specific group. A more sophisticated approach would be individual-level interaction optimization the way Silverpop has implemented, but for now I'd settle for this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would your chart look something like the one below?  If so, Marketo's new Email Analysis  capability in RCE may be of interest.  It was announced in the April release, but has is being rolled out in phases according to product management, so I'm not sure when it will be available.

0EM50000000QQKt.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...that is EXACTLY what it would look like, actually. Mind. Blown.

I don't have this in my Revenue Explorer yet, but am looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info!