Re: Best way to convert a Smart Campaign to a Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to convert a Smart Campaign to a Program

I'm looking for the easiest way to move a smart campaign over to a program. Most of the smart campaigns I'm looking to convert involve a form asset and one smart campaign. Is there an easy way to drag assets or campaigns into a program or do I need to clone everything into it?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richard, you need to clone Smart Campaigns in order to add them to a program.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

See what Michael said above re: smart campaigns. As for the form assets, you should be able to move them (similar to other assets like LPs and emails) directly into the program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can "clone" a smart campaign to an existing progam...Assets can be "Moved" to a program. It is an action if you right-click on an asset in design studio...
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've moved our smart campaigns under program at this point and am wondering if I should be retroactively applying success flags to leads that have achieved that status previous to setting up the program? Is this advisable or should we only be looking forward?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use flow-actions to update the members progression status...Key here is to make sure your programs are linked to Salesforce campaigns....
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have all of our programs linked to a SFDC campaign. We do not sure the sync function in Marketo though, will that make a difference? We have an associated SFDC campaign that gets updated through flow actions.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the program is synced to the campaign the related campaign flow-actions will not function...are you using flow action "Change Progression status"?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either is fine - you'll want make sure your SFDC statuses match your Marketo statuses. Whether you do that via flow actions or the SFDC sync, it shouldn't matter.  If you do it via flow actions, for each of your "Change program status" steps, have a corresponding "Change Status in SFDC campaign" step.
Anonymous
Not applicable

"am wondering if I should be retroactively applying success flags to leads that have achieved that status previous to setting up the program? Is this advisable or should we only be looking forward?"

Richard, for revenue reporting purposes, I highly recommend you backdate the success statuses in the program for leads, since revenue attribution in Marketo is tied to program success.

Backdating acquisition date for the acquisition program and success date for program successes will ensure that reports showing first-touch and multi-touch revenue attribution are accurate. 

Simply adding them to the program with a success status won't be enough in certain cases.  For example, let's say I had a deal close last month, and today I create a program around a webinar which the primary contact for that deal attended.  If I simply add the contact to the webinar today and make their status 'attended', the webinar program will not be credited with a portion of the revenue becasue the success date is still today (which is after the deal closed).  If you backdate success and the success date is prior to the deal closing, it will be given revenue credit.

Anyways, something to think about...

Mike