Best Reporting Metrics to Deliver to Sales Rep in an Email Campaign

hthomason
Level 1

Best Reporting Metrics to Deliver to Sales Rep in an Email Campaign

My marketing and sales teams work very close together. I would like to know what are the most important things for sales reps to know about their individual email campaigns that we create for them. Is it Click-Through Rate, Opens, etc.? What kind of Marketo reports do you pull for your sales reps?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Best Reporting Metrics to Deliver to Sales Rep in an Email Campaign

Of course it depends on the type of emails and how they relate to the salesperson.

In my experience, Sales are more interested in information on a person rather than generic statistics on an email. So in informing Sales I would look more towards smart list subscriptions with individual touchpoints, passing over interesting moments to CRM, sending alerts for high interest interactions, etc.

Only if the content of an email has a specific meaning to that sales person would overall statistics be relevant in my eyes.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Re: Best Reporting Metrics to Deliver to Sales Rep in an Email Campaign

Depending on the campaign/program, your report might look different. However, it is important that you focus on the data that best supports your goal. The sales team would be more interested in person details than the email insights.

The report that you share with sales team should include the information of the leads who qualified the milestones like sign up for product, high value forms, downloaded the value assets, asked for demo etc.