SOLVED

Best practices with operational emails

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices with operational emails

Hello!

What are the best practices for when to make emails operational?

Is it confirmaiton emails? reminders (wbr, events, etc that they are registered for)? follow-up emails after an event or wbr?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best practices with operational emails

With operational emails you should be careful what you send.  The litmus test here is "am I promoting anything commercial?"  A post-webinar follow up will often include commercial promotion so you'll especially want to look carefully at this one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always like to think about it from the recipient's perspective. When would I get an email and be upset that there was no option to unsubscribe? Typically, I think it's for things like confirmation or reminder emails in response to an action they took. If you have customers, this may also be critical product announcements that could affect them.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I guess it depends on your use case.We use operational emails for subscribers if it affects their subscription, or if there are any new changes to the product. We use it for confirmation emails, for delivering welcome/login access to our website.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use Operational for internal communications as well. It's kind of a ridiculous thought, but there are those few who just like to be rebels. You could use it when informing partners of product updates, but be careful with that scenario. Other than that, ditto Drew and Michelle.
Anonymous
Not applicable

With operational emails you should be careful what you send.  The litmus test here is "am I promoting anything commercial?"  A post-webinar follow up will often include commercial promotion so you'll especially want to look carefully at this one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I'm thinking I probably won't use them for follow-ups, just confirmations and reminders.

Steven - I like your idea of if it includes other promotions, don't make it operational (which our follow-ups usually do).