Re: Best Practice Long Term Campaign

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Best Practice Long Term Campaign

I'm looking for some best practice or pros/cons for how to do a long term promotional campaign. Basically, we have a promotion that will run from March-May with several emails that will be sent throughout that time frame. We use programs in Marketo & sync them to campaigns in Salesforce. What I'm trying to figure out is which is the better way to do it?

Do I set up 1 overall campaign and have multiple emails within that campaign? I would then want to set up my member statuses to show which email they opened/clicked or responded to.

Or do I set up a parent campaign within Salesforce and then have each individual email be a separate child campaign? So each SF child campaign will have a unique program within Marketo.

Any thoughts on which way is better? Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

subscribing.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Does anyone at Marketo have any thoughts on which way they would advise? We're looking to start a campaign next month that spans Feb & March with at least 4 emails going out. What do you advise is the best way to set this up? We generally won't have all 4 emails done at the beginning, so we won't be able to do simply 1 campaign with wait steps like I would do for a nurture. So do I still do it within 1 program or do I do it with several so that I can link it to several SFDC campaigns?
Anonymous
Not applicable

subscribing.