SOLVED

Re: Best practice for setting up Programs when Marketing to Multiple Digital Channels?

Go to solution
Parth_Thakkar
Level 2

Best practice for setting up Programs when Marketing to Multiple Digital Channels?

Hello, our team is set to start marketing to 3 digital marketing channels:

1. Facebook
  2. LinkedIn
  3. Google Ads

All three channels will send traffic to the same demo form for now (with the possibility of channel specific demo forms in the future)

I was wondering what the best practices are with respect to setting up Programs for these, more specifically, do we just setup 1 Program for all 3 channels and label it as "Digital Marketing"

OR

Do we setup 3 programs, 1 for each channel?

Any insight here is incredibly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Best practice for setting up Programs when Marketing to Multiple Digital Channels?

Hey Parth, 

There's legitimate reasons for either approach, but in my opinion, creating individual programs for each channel would be excessive - & especially so if they're all using the same form, largely serving the same purpose. Rather, I would be tracking the referring UTM through hidden fields on the form, and using a single program set up. This will be more efficient than multiple programs, while still allowing you to report on performance at the referral source level.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Parth, 

There's legitimate reasons for either approach, but in my opinion, creating individual programs for each channel would be excessive - & especially so if they're all using the same form, largely serving the same purpose. Rather, I would be tracking the referring UTM through hidden fields on the form, and using a single program set up. This will be more efficient than multiple programs, while still allowing you to report on performance at the referral source level.

Hope that helps

Parth_Thakkar
Level 2

Makes sense! Thank you Grace!