Re: Best method for tracking video replay on a web page back to a webinar program?

Scott_Kendrick
Level 2

Best method for tracking video replay on a web page back to a webinar program?

Curious how others have done this - we run webinars and would like to track all leads generated by the webinars include the replay on the website back to the webinar program.  Two challenges

- we don't want to create a viewing form for every webinar we produce and therefore are using a common access form on the pages the video sits

- how do we know if someone actually watched the video vs. just visited the page?

Any insights is appreciated

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best method for tracking video replay on a web page back to a webinar program?

• You could use utm parameters to attempt to track the specific video. This would require some javascript if you are just using one form for an entire video page. Please do a search here because others have asked this question.
  • Tracking beyond the "view":
    • Javascript - there have been 2-3 solutions posted here on this.
    • Vidyard - this tool has special javascript and connects directly to Marketo. I recommend it because I don't like building my own code.
Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

I agree with Josh on that I think you need to look at rolling your own JS to track views - UTM's are **NOT** designed for tracking anything other then entry and or clicks attributed to the campaign you use them originally for - anything after the initialing landing leads to homegrown JS deployments IMHO