SOLVED

Best Bets Not Working for my Sales Team

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Bets Not Working for my Sales Team

Hello,

My sales team complains of Best Bets not working well for them. Their main complaint is that it doesn't show activity in chronological order. I realize this is because Marketo feels that this one action that happened 2 weeks ago is more important and therefore comes before this one that happened 1 day ago....but is there any way to change this?

Has anyone else had their sales team complain about the effectiveness of BB and what did you do to solve for it?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Bets Not Working for my Sales Team

Our sales team is always complaining... 🙂 Seriously though, Best Bets is not always the best place for them to sift through information. You can supplement BB with reports and list views in SFDC that have more flexibility.

What sort of activity are they trying to sort by? Is that activity synced into Saleforce? Here is a great idea for you to like and comment on: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IACcAAO

On the idea, Ei-Mang gives some direction that should help you:

"He
re are two workarounds:

(1) As your sales team already probably knows, the Lead Feed along the right side of has the last 10 interesting moments of leads/contacts, sorted in reverse chronological order.

(2) A workaround that will give your sales team more info is to create 2 custom views -- one for Contacts and one for Leads

• In Salesforce, go to the "Leads" tab
  • Click "Create New View"
  • In Step 1, enter in a name such as "Leads sorted by last Interesting Moment"
  • In Step 2, under "Filter by Additional Fields", set Field to "Priority", Operator to "greater than" and Value to "0" (zero)
  • In Step 3, select "Last Interesting Moment" and "Last Interesting Moment Date" from the "Available Fields" column and press  the "Add" button (so they appear in the "Selected Fields" column)
  • Hit "Save"
Using this view, click on the "Last Interesting Moment Date" to sort the list in reverse chronological order. You can repeat this process on the "Contacts" tab to create a similar view for contacts."

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY team would love the ability to sort the best bets list and actually be able to choose the coloumns that are showing. 
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We haven't deployed Sales Insight yet, but I assumed this was a standard capability.  Can't believe it's not.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah not being able tos ort is really frustrating!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sales Insight has some limitations, esp with Best Bets and sorting.

You can create new views on the Best Bets tab, which should help you a bit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our sales team is always complaining... 🙂 Seriously though, Best Bets is not always the best place for them to sift through information. You can supplement BB with reports and list views in SFDC that have more flexibility.

What sort of activity are they trying to sort by? Is that activity synced into Saleforce? Here is a great idea for you to like and comment on: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IACcAAO

On the idea, Ei-Mang gives some direction that should help you:

"He
re are two workarounds:

(1) As your sales team already probably knows, the Lead Feed along the right side of has the last 10 interesting moments of leads/contacts, sorted in reverse chronological order.

(2) A workaround that will give your sales team more info is to create 2 custom views -- one for Contacts and one for Leads

• In Salesforce, go to the "Leads" tab
  • Click "Create New View"
  • In Step 1, enter in a name such as "Leads sorted by last Interesting Moment"
  • In Step 2, under "Filter by Additional Fields", set Field to "Priority", Operator to "greater than" and Value to "0" (zero)
  • In Step 3, select "Last Interesting Moment" and "Last Interesting Moment Date" from the "Available Fields" column and press  the "Add" button (so they appear in the "Selected Fields" column)
  • Hit "Save"
Using this view, click on the "Last Interesting Moment Date" to sort the list in reverse chronological order. You can repeat this process on the "Contacts" tab to create a similar view for contacts."

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joe - this is a great workaround!  Thank you for sharing!!  To me, it's unfathomable that Marketo doesn't allow its subscribers to sort Best Bets by activity date, especially after all of the commentary that has been submitted to them about it.