BCCing Internal Staff on Drip Emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

BCCing Internal Staff on Drip Emails?

My organization is just about to start a drip campaign.  This campaign automates emails that are currently sent out manually by our sales agents.  However, since they would not be sending these emails out once we launch, they will no longer see what is going out in their name.

Is it possible to BCC a drip email to the sales agent as it goes out to their lead?

Or, is there a better way for us to manage this?  Right now our Marketo is not syncing back to Salesforce, which might be the issue, but they did ask about getting copied, so I wanted to see if there was a mechanism for that.

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: BCCing Internal Staff on Drip Emails?

Hi Runjini, unfortunately there is no BCC capability. One option (that is a pretty heavy workaround, but it can be done) is to send the same email that was just sent to a person as an alert to the salesperson. 

The best way to solve for this would be to fix the sync to SFDC so that they can see emails that were sent inside of Sales Insight. This will provide the most visibility to everyone in your organization. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory! I figured that might be the case.

Since I may need to employ the heavy workaround in the intervening days, I wanted to clarify what you meant by that -- do you mean I'd have to manually check Marketo and alert the sales team?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either manually do run separate campaigns, or you could add a second flow step to the campaigns so that after the Send Email flow step, there is a Send Alert flow step to the Lead Owner.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Runjini, looks like Erik beat me to the punch 🙂  but luckily it isn't as manual as you suggested!

Usually I would add a "send alert" step just after the "send email" flow step, and put the same email in both. The lead owner will then receive the same email that was sent to the prospect. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!  I really appreciate it.  🙂