automating sending an email based on the most popular headline/clicks from other emails

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

automating sending an email based on the most popular headline/clicks from other emails

We send out several newsfeed emails and from those emails there are various stories with headlines and a short blurb.  What I want to do is automatically send an email which scrapes or pulls those top clicked headlines (5 or 10) to our subscribers for a weekly or monthly delivery.  Any suggestions on how this can be done?  
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: automating sending an email based on the most popular headline/clicks from other emails

Michelle,

I've never tried, but you could probably accomplish this via tokens. Each snippet could be a token, and you'd just have to drop the top clicked tokens into an email at the end of the month. Not completely automatic, but pretty close.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: automating sending an email based on the most popular headline/clicks from other emails

I believe some of the content tools can do this like Kapost or maybe uberflip.

I do like Charlie's idea as a cheaper alternative.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This would be a great use case for custom system tokens. Is there already an idea for this? 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

@Charlie and @Josh, I like the idea of using a snippet as a token.  If I'm going by the email link performance report to track the most clicked stories, how can I get that info in a snippet if at least 7 of the newsfeed emails is powered by Digesto and you can't see the content on the body of the email?  The content is scraped from our website.  But there is one other email that's sent daily that you can actually see the headlines and links on the body of the email but only has 10 of the content that's also included in the newsfeed.

I'm wondering if I should do this on the website end using event tracking or something else which will allow me to track the CTR, and create another feed digest, but some of the links our outbound.  

So Josh I use Uberflip, but I'm not sure how I can use that to deliver the email automatically.  I have an existing hub and have Twitter in there which also has our newsfeed content.  How are you envisioning the use of Uberflip for this?