SOLVED

Re: Automated Confirmation of Execution Notification

Go to solution
Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Automated Confirmation of Execution Notification

Has anyone tried setting up automated email notifications after an email has blasted? Our internal stakeholders would like to be alerted that their requested email has gone out and so I am trying to find a way to automate a "Confirmation of Execution" notification that captures info like:

Email description
Drop date/time
Number of emails sent
Number of emails delivered
Copy of email

Ideally we would like this email alert sent out after batch email blasts. Anybody tried something similar?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nina Valtcheva​, do they have Marketo access?

You could set up a tokenized email alert, with a link to the Email Report, and the rest could live within the email alert.

Email description - token on the program level

Drop date/time - system date/time (this will populate with the time the alert is sent)

Number of emails sent - link to an email performance report

Number of emails delivered - link to an email performance report

Copy of email - token of email text in program, or link to where you outlined the copy (we use google docs)

let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nina,

Unfortunately there is not really a way to do this in Marketo automatically.

The closest way would be to run a email performance report, and include the other information manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1  Charlie,

Best Way is to do Email Perormance Report ...

Thank you
Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4

Hi Nina-
If you are looking for a person by person notification, you could technically choose the SFDC setting of marking an activity for each record sent the email once it is sent but this would be limited to a) one notification per day, b) not necessarily "real-time" to the send itself,  and c) clutter your SFDC interface pretty quickly.

If you are referring to a master list notifcation to the marketer interested against all the records affected, you could set up an emai performance report as noted and execute a daily send to recipients - but that too might be too much for what you are looking to do.

Thx!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nina Valtcheva​, do they have Marketo access?

You could set up a tokenized email alert, with a link to the Email Report, and the rest could live within the email alert.

Email description - token on the program level

Drop date/time - system date/time (this will populate with the time the alert is sent)

Number of emails sent - link to an email performance report

Number of emails delivered - link to an email performance report

Copy of email - token of email text in program, or link to where you outlined the copy (we use google docs)

let me know if this helps!

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Thanks Allison! Great suggestion!

The users I'm trying to automate this notification for do not have Marketo access. It would be members of the broader marketing organization like field marketing who send us email requests and expect reporting afterwards. Would this work even if they don't have Marketo access?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nina Valtcheva​ based on this thread Re: Sending Reports to non-marketo users , I don't believe you need to. Cheryl Chavez​ can confirm if it has changed!

The reports that I send from RCA come with an excel attachment! Let me know if you come across issues.

Worse case, you can create an email alias called "email-performance@" and add everyone to that group. Then make that alias an analytics user for marketo.

I've wanted to set up an automated blast like this after scheduling as well! Will be interested to see how it goes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approach!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Hussam AlMukhtar​!