Auto-Populate a Non-Marketo Form

Chris_McHale
Level 2

Auto-Populate a Non-Marketo Form

Hey everyone!

So i have a non-Marketo form that i use on a "thank you" download landing page as a second touch offer. On the primary page, i'm using a Marketo form.

Does anyone know how i can edit the non-Marketo form so that it auto-populates the field information? (name, email address, phone, etc.)? I believe it's Javascript that i need to included within the non-Marketo form code, but i'm not sure where to start.

Thanks!
-Chris
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto-Populate a Non-Marketo Form

Hi Chris,

This is pretty tricky to do.

While you can use the SOAP API to get the data on the lead, the SOAP API doesn't really support making the call in real-time fast enough for form population. I've heard of some folks making that call async or maintaining a copy in a local DB, but that is quite involved.

-Erik
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

try test.hollebone.ca

You probably need some jquery or javascript to do this.

Why not use a Marketo form in an iframe instead?
Chris_McHale
Level 2

Thanks!

I have to use a non-Marketo form because the offer is for one of our products. Once a person fills out and submits; the custom form makes a call to the product and the person is sent directly into the product rather than a Marketo thank you page. I'm very inexperience when it comes to Javascript so i may have to seek additional resources.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris M, I have the same challenge. I like Erik's idea on creating a separate cookie to avoid latency. Did anyone come up with a solution we might leverage?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris M, did you ever figure out how to pre-populate your non-Marekto form with field data from Marketo? I'm running into a similar issue and am not sure how to proceed. Thanks!
Chris_McHale
Level 2

Hi Sheila L,

So i actually had to work with a member of our engineering team to put together some custom Javascript (2 different sets). 

I added the 1st set to the Marketo landing page that included the Marketo form. To do this i just added the HTML element and pasted in the Javascript. I then added the 2nd set to the Marketo thank you page that included my non-Marketo form. Same thing here, just added-in the HTML element and pasted in the Javascript.

It works magic! If you have the resources to get the custom Javascript created, i highly recommend.

Thanks!
-Chris