Auto Delegator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Delegator

Is there a way I can auto delegate leads using flow logic in Marketo that assigns leads in a round robin fashion? I know you can use the "Auto Assignment Rules" and then have Salesforce.com distribute but was wondering if thta can be done through Marketo.

Basically all leads would come through one form and Marketo then assigns an equal amount among our sales team.

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Auto Delegator

I've done this in the past by using the Sync Lead to SFDC with a series of choices with an 'If Email Address starts with [series of letters]' or 'If Company Name starts with [series of letters]' then Assign To: [user name].  This is maintainable when you have less than a couple of dozen salespersons.  You would need to export and sort all (or a large random sample) of your Leads / Accounts and determine which ranges of ASCII characters result in an equitable distribution to the sales team.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Auto Delegator

If you're really only talking about leads created via a form, it's quite easy to have a random (though not in fact round-robin) distribution of leads to the sales team.

You can use a hash-bucket algorithm -- the same thing we do in server-side code -- in JavaScript when they submit the form.  All you need to know is the total number of salespersons, and each lead will be assigned a # from 1 to N stored in a field on the lead.  Then in a Flow you can set #8 = Adam, #11 = Elliott, etc.

The difference between this method and round-robin is that while the even distribution is guaranteed over time, it is possible for more than one lead in a row (chronologically) to go to the same salesperson.  But assuming you get more than, say 3 * N form submissions, all salespeople will get their share.

And the difference between this method and full randomness (just choosing a # between 1 and N, which could also be done in JS extremely easily, when the form is submitted) is that the hash-bucket method is rebalanceable.  What this means is that if you go from 10 to 15 salespeople you can use the same method to spread leads out more.