SOLVED

Re: Audit usage of Marketo Form when using embed code

Go to solution
Sarin
Level 3

Audit usage of Marketo Form when using embed code

We are using the form id as a variable in the guided LPs and not inserting the forms directly on the LPs so the LPs are not showing the form being used. We are doing a form audit so is there a way I can get the list of forms used by the LPs ( I know the LPs) other than manually checking the LP code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When you use the form embed even when you don't need to, you lose more than the "Used by" functionality, you also lose native Pre-Fill. I'd strongly recommend you use named form elements.

In any case, you wouldn't be able to get the ID of the forms without checking the pages. Of course you could potentially run a script to download the HTML for each LP and search for the <form> element in each. But would take a little development.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

When you use the form embed even when you don't need to, you lose more than the "Used by" functionality, you also lose native Pre-Fill. I'd strongly recommend you use named form elements.

In any case, you wouldn't be able to get the ID of the forms without checking the pages. Of course you could potentially run a script to download the HTML for each LP and search for the <form> element in each. But would take a little development.

Sarin
Level 3

Thanks a lot @SanfordWhiteman , it seems the the previous team used the form id since they wanted to keep 2 forms on the same page (one at the top and one at the bottom on mobile) 

SanfordWhiteman

it seems the the previous team used the form id since they wanted to keep 2 forms on the same page (one at the top and one at the bottom on mobile)

This can be done quite easily without having to resort to the form embed.

Sarin
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman : Ohh that's great, could you please suggest the way to do it..

SanfordWhiteman

If you have 2 different form IDs, then you don't need to worry about the form elements themselves, ensuring load order, etc.

You do need to fix up the label elements (randomly assign IDs to inputs) but this can be done after the forms are loaded, using the regular whenReady event.
Sarin
Level 3

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman . But if we want to use a single form (id) on multiple places on LP, can that be done..

SanfordWhiteman

Well, no, not without some tricky code (trickier than just my multiple forms code) but why would you need to do this? You can clone the form and then you'll know which place on the page had better engagement.