Re: Audience for a Reminder Mail differs from the audience in the Email Report (Non-opener)

Christina_Euric
Level 3

Audience for a Reminder Mail differs from the audience in the Email Report (Non-opener)

Hi everybody!

I will try to explain my situation as good as possible:

We're going to do a webinar and I sent an invitation mail this week, on the 9th of January.

I created a report with the Email Performance and it says that it was sent to 12.266 people and was opened by 1.986 people. So there are 10.280 people who didn't open the email (see screenshot attached: Email report).

Now I would like to send a second invitation mail next week to the non-opener.

I created a new Email program with the following filter in the smart list:

1. Was sent email

2. Not opened email

(see screenshot attached: Smart List)

Now I checked the audience of the 2nd mail and it says that it will be sent to only 9.499 people instead of 10.280 (see screenshot attached: Audience).

So there are around 700 people missing.

Do you know where this comes from? Should I add any more filters?

Best wishes

Christina

2 REPLIES 2
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Audience for a Reminder Mail differs from the audience in the Email Report (Non-opener)

Just of the bat you have 655 bounces between Hard and Soft. Look into this and how it can effect your sending. Hard and Soft Bounces in Email - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 199 hard bounced which means they are more than likely invalid addresses.

Also, it is probably better to send the reminder to everyone who hasn't registered rather than everyone who didn't open (My opinion).

When someone registers do you change their program status to registered? If so you can just send you email to the same list as the original invite but add a filter or everyone who is program status registered for this program. People may have opened your email with the intent of registering and then got interrupted and forgot to go back. Its good to remind all those people too.

Christina_Euric
Level 3

Hi Gerard,

thank you for your answer!

We do change the program status of the people who register for the webinar.

But I would prefer to send the email to the ones who didn't open it because I don't want to send the same email twice to somebody.