Re: Attachments on form submits

Anonymous
Not applicable

Attachments on form submits

Hello,
Has anyone added the functionality to their form that allows for an attachment to be emailed along with a form submit? Thank you,
--Regan
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're talking about Marketo emails, this is not yet possible. The best practice method is to include a link in the email which points directly to the file. Clicks on this link will be tracked also, which is a major benefit.

Here is a recently updated Marketo article on the subject: 

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kze5CAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Adam. I failed to mention it's for a landing page. We have a request form for a consulting project and were hoping to allow those filling out a form to attach a description of their project in file format.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I see - you want the "lead" to be able to submit a file which is then emailed to your company right?

This would require some custom coding which displays a file selector on your landing page, uploads the submitted file to some web server, and sends the email containing the file. You'll certainly need a web developer for this task.

A quick, temporary solution would be to simply direct the user after submitting the form to a page with a mailto:yourcompany@company.com on it, so they can send you the file directly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help, Adam! I'll use your second solution in the iterim, since it might take some time to get our web developers to help 🙂