Associating Event Leads to be members of your campaign

Lindsay_Zanga
Level 2

Associating Event Leads to be members of your campaign

Hi - I have both an email program and and event program in Marketo which are linked to Campaigns in SFDC. When I am looking at the program overview page I am seeing that the "campaign members" are 0 for both. 

For the email program - I did not import a list for this - I simply created a smart campaign and used "member of smart list = xxx" for the "Smart List" tab. These smart lists all live in my "lead database" section of marketo.  Through the smart campaign I can see that the email was sent to 8,000 leads and see the delivery, bounce, open, click, etc.  However these leads are are not becoming members of the overal program so for my sales team in SFDC they can not see these leads associated with this campaign.  Any idea what this would happen?

In the second scenario - I have an event program where I did upload a list of 90 leads and then created the email and smart campaign to send the email out. Again, this program is associated with an SFDC campaign but I can not see these 90 leads as members of the campaign.  

Thoughts?
Lindsay
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Associating Event Leads to be members of your campaign

Did you add a flow step to set the people to Member or another status?

I know the Email Send channel type usually makes the leads members automatically, but perhaps it did not.

You can run a flow step against them in a smart list. Create a local smart list and do:

Email Was Sent is X

then run Change Program Status on that list.

They will sync to SFDC shortly.
Lindsay_Zanga
Level 2

Re: Associating Event Leads to be members of your campaign

Thanks Josh.  Will the status then update automaticaly if the email is clicked/opened etc.  I was going to run a flow step as you suggested however it makes me nervous that the history will not flow through to sfdc.  This campaign ran last Friday so I can see that some people opened and clicked and I wouldn't want to revert their status back to "sent" for example.