Re: Assigning SFDC Tasks to Queue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assigning SFDC Tasks to Queue

Is it possible to use the Marketo flow step "create task" and have it assigned to a SFDC queue instead of a user/lead owner?

We are a B2C company and don't have lead owners. We have a call center that can help anyone who calls in. So in this flow step I'm notifying the call center that a legally required email bounced, therefore the rep needs to take action to try to get a hold of that customer.

With that said, there are no lead owners and this is something that needs to happen immediately so we want to send the task to a queue and have SFDC determine who is available and give the task to someone who is in the office and able to work the task immediately.

Has anyone done anything similar to this before? If we can't assign a task to a queue, is there another way to accomplish this?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rebecca,

In SFDC, Queues can only own leads, cases and custom objects, but not tasks. So if it's not possible in SFDC, it's not possible to ask Marketo to do it in SFDC

Instead, I would just send an email alert to a group email address so that the call center people are all alerted. You can also assign the task to the call center leader/manager, for him/her to reassign the task.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible for Marketo to create a case in SFDC? That is what our Salesforce team wants but I didn't think it was possible.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If fact, in theory, it should be possible using the Salesforce web-to-case and a webhook in Marketo calling and posting this form.

But I have never tried it.

-Greg