Re: Are there any standards to count a record as viewed for a landing page?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any standards to count a record as viewed for a landing page?

I'm wondering if there is a standard amount of time or other specific metrics that Marketo needs to capture a record as viewed for a landing page. I'm referring to both anonymous and known users. Does anyone know if there are any Marketo rules in place or if it is simply every record that viewed the page? Also, if the same person views the page 2+ times, are they counted once or each time? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are referring to the metrics on the landing page in Marketo, from my experience, they count it each time, even if they are known. I believe that metric is the collective views. Also, I believe the number of views begins once the landing page is approved. 
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hi Leah,

I'm not sure if there is an amount of time someone needs to be on a page... when testing I usually visit and close it immediately and I get counted.

If the lead is anonymous and visits >1 time they may show up as more than one number in the summary of your Visits progression status smart campaign. But they wouldn't show at all in the program, bc we have no info. If they are known, their status should only get changed once. It depends on your channel setup but generally a form fill (or CTA) has more weight than a visit. So If they visit, fill out a form, and visit again - they'd stay at the form fill status.

I'm not sure how you're campaigns are set but if you have anything else in the flow step (besides change program status), you set the flow when you schedule as to if you want the lead to run through once or multiple times.

I hope this helps!
Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kim's summary is correct, and there isn't really a minimum time you need to be on the page.

The whole page needs to load, however, so if someone stays on for a very short length of time the page may not have a chance to load and we may not get a visit counted.