SOLVED

Are paginated API queries each counted against daily 10K limit

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are paginated API queries each counted against daily 10K limit

For queries that return startPosition/remainingCount to paginate 10 at a time, is only the first SOAP call counted against the limit of 10,000 API "calls," or is each page counted?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are paginated API queries each counted against daily 10K limit

It's all counted toward the limit. In the UI, it shows the REST API limit of 10,000. The REST and SOAP APIs are counted seperately. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford

It's interesting!
I want to try, but I don't have enough data.
Please check request counter at  [Admin]=>[Web Services]
I understood "Get access token" call is not counted.
0EM50000000SnnE.jpg

Takehiro
SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, the problem with that UI is it doesn't get updated immediately and it's the total for 7 days.  With multiple apps running it is difficult to isolate what is being counted.

I see that REST (I have been using SOAP) has the Get Daily Usage method, so that should work. I can already see that getting stats itself also counts as an API call (!) so it's clear that pagination is irrelevant (that is, every call counts).  On the other hand, REST is more generous with batch size (max of 300 results at once, as opposed to SOAP's max of 100) so that will be helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all counted toward the limit. In the UI, it shows the REST API limit of 10,000. The REST and SOAP APIs are counted seperately. 
SanfordWhiteman

OK, thanks.  Small suggestion: Get Usage shouldn't itself count toward the limit.  Operational queries like that could have their own limit.