Are clicks on the unsubscribe link counted in the Clicks Link in Email trigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are clicks on the unsubscribe link counted in the Clicks Link in Email trigger

I have a "Clicks" program status that I set based on the Clicks Link in Email trigger.  However, I noticed that the number of leads with this status in the program is larger than the number clicks in the email tab of the send email smart campaign.  The difference is the number of unsubscribes. 

Does the Clicks Link in Email trigger include clicks on the unsubscribe link?  Also, I tried to specify the unsubscribe link in the Link constraint in the trigger, but it doesn't present itself as an option in the drop-down list as I type in the URL.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Re: Are clicks on the unsubscribe link counted in the Clicks Link in Email trigger

can your campaign members go through your "clicks" program flow more than once? an explanation could be that in the email tab, a lead that clicks 10x only counts as 1 whereas in your program they count as 10...

we have run a very UNsuccessful awareness campaign where number of clics was below number of unsubscribed so my guess is that the number of unsubscribed is not included in click rate
...or that clicks are only collected for .html and unsubscribers for .html+txt.... which could mean that we have only unsubscribers and 0 clicker... great ...

Cécile @ Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are clicks on the unsubscribe link counted in the Clicks Link in Email trigger

Thanks Cécile - I realized that some leads with a "Clicked" program status were a result of the test send", but these were not counted in the email tab of the smart campaign that sendt the main email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not certain on the details but I picked up the best practice of adding a constraint "link not contains 'unsubscribe'".  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Marketo Consultant has recommended the same practice as what Steven suggested.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I do what Steven suggests. My impression is that Clicks Link in Email is ANY Link unless you specify otherwise.