SOLVED

Re: archiving campaigns in Marketo and SFDC

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

archiving campaigns in Marketo and SFDC

I'm archiving some campaigns in Marketo and most of these are synced to SFDC.  How do you archive the campaigns in SFDC?  Someone told me at work that you can't archive campaigns in SFDC and is that correct?  If you can archive in SFDC what's the best way to do it?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The process I've followed is "disabling" SFDC campaigns by unchecking the "active" box. That will hide the campaign from being findable in Marketo, but it shouldn't remove the link between an existing Marketo program. It will also hide the campaign from picklists for SFDC users to choose from when tagging campaign codes, so it's handy for keeping your campaign list manageable. It doesn't delete any data, you can still report on the campaigns, and if it needs to go active again, you simply toggle the active checkbox to true again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle, you cannot archive SFDC campaigns.  You can only delete them, which would likely cause the lead to be removed from the Marketo program that it is synched with.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The process I've followed is "disabling" SFDC campaigns by unchecking the "active" box. That will hide the campaign from being findable in Marketo, but it shouldn't remove the link between an existing Marketo program. It will also hide the campaign from picklists for SFDC users to choose from when tagging campaign codes, so it's handy for keeping your campaign list manageable. It doesn't delete any data, you can still report on the campaigns, and if it needs to go active again, you simply toggle the active checkbox to true again. 
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Elliott and Jeff. The process you mentioned Jeff, is what I'm looking for.  I didn't even think about that.