Re: Arbitrary UI changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arbitrary UI changes

Hi,

Anybody noticed the arbitary changes to the UI? Change of colors in areas, smart-fill broken, areas of pointless shading that takes focus away form the job the I/F is meant to do.

Right click on a folder, add a local asset and the UI still asks what folder you want to put it in. 99% of the time I want it in the folder I clicked on.

Opened ticket, of course no immediate changes to the UI, but really looking to know if the community accepts random un-connected to the UI, when more shold be expected from their PM group.

Vote this one up and see if we can get them to start getting the UI/UX licked into shape.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, not a fan of the changes. I would create an idea for this, though, so that folks can like it. I certainly will!
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are doing a whole client-side technology upgrade over the next 6 months.  Rather than a "big-bang" approach, we are upgrading components bit-by-bit.  It will create alot of strangeness in the short run.  When it's finished though, it will all look great together, plus be much faster.

A sample of what it will look like:

0EM50000000QbJR.jpg

I know it's a pain, but it will be worth it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months of pain...is not "worth it". The approach needs to be managed much better, and arbitary chages that make no sense to the customer and degrade the UI/UX is not acceptable.

Your customers do not pay for "pain", they pay for a service, and just now the UI/UX continues to be significantly subpar in comparison to other SaaS solutions, with the Product Management process severely flawed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dig the new interface, and judging by the screen shot its going to be much cleaner too. There are some sloppy little details, though, that are driving me nuts with some of the new Cobalt interface pieces. For instance, right clicking on a folder to create an asset needs to pre-populate the fields to match the value of the clicked folder. "Clone to this program" has completely gone away. The new folder/program selection process is extremely awkward at present both for cloning and creating new assets.

I realize it's a work in progress and don't mind the piecemeal approach, but little details like that are causing your users a good amount of immediate, unnecessary pain and should be addressed before making a feature live.

I have no doubt it'll ultimately be worth it, but these problems need to be worked out in beta. They adversely affect what we do every day.