SOLVED

Approved Email Templates and Pre-Exisiting Emails

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved Email Templates and Pre-Exisiting Emails

I have an email template that I am making a small edit to. The edit isn't much but a minor tweak. The template is currently being used by 40 emails.

If those emails are not approved on an email by email basis now that the template has been updated, what happens? Do the emails not go ot within the engagement program they are part of? Do the emails go out as they were (before I made the change to the template)? The change is minor enough that I don't feel the need for it to be reflected in every email that currently uses the template, so I;m wondering if it is required for me to go back and approve them all individually.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Approved Email Templates and Pre-Exisiting Emails

When you throw an Email into Approved with Draft mode, only the original Approved version is available to campaigns. Thus, any change you made to the underlying Template, will NOT be seen externally until you re-approve the email.

So if you don't really care, don't bother to approve those emails. Any NEW emails you create on that Template WILL have the new design.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Approved Email Templates and Pre-Exisiting Emails

When you throw an Email into Approved with Draft mode, only the original Approved version is available to campaigns. Thus, any change you made to the underlying Template, will NOT be seen externally until you re-approve the email.

So if you don't really care, don't bother to approve those emails. Any NEW emails you create on that Template WILL have the new design.