Approval Based Campaigns to see content

Raunak_Challani
Level 2

Approval Based Campaigns to see content

Hello,

I want to create a program where the content is visible to the lead after he gets approval of seeing the content.

eg: If a lead fills a form on LP and then the request goes to the approver to approve/reject to lead to access the content. If he approve, by filling the form(via LP), the lead should receive the content in a email to access it.

The problem here i'm facing is that when the approver receives the link of the LP to approve the lead, his email id pops up in the form due to the cookies and not that of the lead. Is there a way we can do this without manually adding the leads email id.

Or there is a better way to set up an approval based campaign?

6 REPLIES 6
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Re: Approval Based Campaigns to see content

Hi Raunak,

Option 1: You can put a JavaScript on your forms if there are certain email domains that you would NOT want your content to be visible. Say competitor email domains, or generic email domains say gmail, yahoo etc...

Option 2: If you would want someone from your team to approve the lead before he/she can receive the content, here's my approach -

1) Create an alert email so that campaign approver receives notification of list of leads which he needs to review/approve.

2) Create channel with status - Member, Pending Approval, Approved, Rejected.

3) Create Trigger Campaign: Smart List - Fills out from is XYZ

Flow Step: 1) Change program status > "Pending Approval" 2) Send Alert Email to campaign approver

Now your campaign approver can manually select list of leads and change their program status to Approved/Rejected from Program Member's tab.

4) Trigger Campaign: Smart List: Program Status changes > "Approved"

Flow Step: Send email with link to content.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Priyank

Raunak_Challani
Level 2

In my setup, the approver doesn't have access to marketo, he is an external user. Any other way to make this run?

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

If you have MSI feature enabled and your approver has access to it, you can use Add to Marketo Campaign button and add leads to it, you'd need to update your trigger campaign with Trigger "Campaign is Requested".

Hope that works!

Thanks!

Priyank

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...can put a JavaScript on your forms if there are certain email domains that you would NOT want your content to be visible.

This isn't really what Raunak is concerned about here, though.

This is a case where -- if you use the form approach instead of your Program-based approach, which I happen to like better -- you have to create a referral form with the email address populated from the URL.

Raunak_Challani
Level 2

Can I have info on how to create "a referral form with the email address populated from the URL."

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

First, search the community for "referral form." 

Appending from the URL is the easy part -- you can add the email address to the URL #hash -- http:​//www.example.com/approval-lp.html#{{lead.Email Address}} -- and then:

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

var passedEmail = decodeURIComponent(document.location.hash.substring(1));

form.setValues({

Email : passedEmail

});

});