SOLVED

API User Best Practices

Go to solution
Ric_Kolibar
Level 2

API User Best Practices

I'm looking at my API integrations and so far I've created separate users and named them based on what part of the tech stack they relate to (ex: Facebook API user, Knak API user, etc).

I have more integrations coming up and it seems like they all work the same way, that will make about 50. 

Marketo is charging for each user. I was trying to keep these separate for auditing, but is it OK to just use 1 API user and connect to different technologies rather than 1 user per technology?

In my CRM, we use 1 API user that connects onto many different integrations.

ric kolibar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: API User Best Practices

1. Marketo shouldn’t be charging for API-only users. Push back on that if it’s being enforced.

2. You should definitely not be using one API user. It makes debugging absolute madness, and requires that you grant everybody the same permissions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. Marketo shouldn’t be charging for API-only users. Push back on that if it’s being enforced.

2. You should definitely not be using one API user. It makes debugging absolute madness, and requires that you grant everybody the same permissions.

Ric_Kolibar
Level 2

Pushed back as best as I could, Marketo policy is to charge for every user API included

ric kolibar