SOLVED

Anyone have a list of Marketo Response Codes and meanings for webhooks?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a list of Marketo Response Codes and meanings for webhooks?

I am trying to find a list of Marketo Response Codes and meanings for webhooks operations, but can't find any information about the various codes and what they mean. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or provide me with a list?

Thanks, Greg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have a list of Marketo Response Codes and meanings for webhooks?

Just added a page on the developer documentation with all webhook response codes:

http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/webhooks/error-codes

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For reference, he's talking about the code that appears in the screen shot below. From my own digging into this I understand that Marketo uses typical HTTP response codes here, but they also have custom responses. The only example I've been able to find in the Marketo community is that a response code of 1000 means "cannot call webhook in batch campaign". I've personally encountered a 1001 response code, but I can't find any documentation that explains what it means. Like Greg, I'd also like a list of response codes and detailed descriptions of what they mean.

0EM50000000SKyn.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just record what the service we call gives us (except in the special case where you use a webhook somewhere it isn't allowed, like batch campaigns). So, we can't really provide a list- it's what the target webservice uses.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I correct in taking your comment to mean any response code outside of the standard HTTP response codes means that the Webhook is being used incorrectly? Presumably, then, there is a list of what you can't do and what responses might appear? Do you know what the 1001 response code means?
I hate to press you on the point, but I'm writing webhook troubleshooting documentation for our internal users as well as our clients. I am not a Marketo expert and have been struggling to find helpful documentation. Any help or links you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Erik, 

Or do you mean whatever response codes we get back, are from our own server? 

Thanks for your help!
Greg
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phil, Error Code 1001 indicates that the web service emitted an empty response body. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will add this to the developer documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just added a page on the developer documentation with all webhook response codes:

http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/webhooks/error-codes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg, yes, that's exactly what I mean. If we call you and get a 200, we put that in the activity. Same if we get 400, 500, whatever.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erik and @Murtza,
Thank you both. This is a very helpful discussion and that document Murtza put together is perfect. Really appreciate this level of support.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Erik and @Murtza,

Amazing, thank you both so much. This list is exactly what we needed too.

Thanks for being rockstars!
Greg