Anyone experiencing sporadic issues where some leads don't qualify for simple smart campaigns?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anyone experiencing sporadic issues where some leads don't qualify for simple smart campaigns?

We have an event program active. Today, while looking at the registrants under the members tab, we noticed that 2 of the 9 people had registered (filled out the registration form on the registration page), but didn’t qualify for the smart campaign that would have changed their program status to “Registered”.  Instead, Marketo just used the first program status of this channel - which is normal, when a form is filled out within a program and no smart campaign is available for them to qualify. 

Looking at the activity log, it clearly shows that the form was filled out.  But Marketo did not capture the landing page where this form exists – which is what’s needed to qualify for the smart campaign.  Here's the smart list trigger:

pastedImage_2.png

Here’s the activity of a successful registrant:

pastedImage_5.png

And here’s a lead where Marketo didn't capture the registration page (notice the missing “Change Program Status”):

pastedImage_6.png

There is no rhyme or reason here.  It's happening completely random for different leads.  I've already raised a ticket with Support, but since they can't replicate it, they assume it's working properly now.

4 REPLIES 4
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Re: Anyone experiencing sporadic issues where some leads don't qualify for simple smart campaigns?

All. The. Time.

I switched to Referrer and it works a lot better.

Robb Barrett
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Re: Anyone experiencing sporadic issues where some leads don't qualify for simple smart campaigns?

Also, Sanford Whiteman​ and I found some issues last week where the "Visits Web Page" wasn't getting recorded till much later in the day. We replicated the bug on different instances, different forms and workflows. It later ended up running the workflow, but it was hours later.

Robb Barrett
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Wow, that could have severe implications on properly moving leads through specific smart campaigns.  Especially for event programs where this is our primary view of who's registered for an event.  And ensuring leads are communicated properly (e.g, confirmation email, reminder emails, etc.)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It was bad, but at least appeared temporary (though he noticed it way before I did).  Robb and I were on the phone and kind of seeing it ease off.