Any considerations for uninstalling MLM in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any considerations for uninstalling MLM in SFDC?

I'd like to uninstall the Marketo Lead Manager (MLM) package in my org's SFDC instance. Months ago, I made sure that I correctly transitioned the 'Lead Score' and 'Inferred Country' fields (the only 2 we care about) to fields that were *not* dependent on the MLM package. This all went smoothly, but I'm still nervous about uninstalling the package.

Is there any risk with uninstalling the package?  For example, am I risking 'slowing down' my instance while it uninstalls the package? Any other watch outs from people who have already done it? Just looking for any words of wisdom before taking the plunge.

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Any considerations for uninstalling MLM in SFDC?

Jamie,

Here is some info from the article announcing the changes: https://nation.marketo.com/docs/DOC-3836-changes-to-marketo-salesforce-sync-under-the-hood#jive_cont...

"Uninstalling the MLM package deletes fields, data and workflows created by the package. Any dependencies like for reports or workflows inside of SFDC that you have created based off of these fields will need to be removed manually. If these other custom dependencies exist, they’ll need to be removed before uninstalling the MLM package."

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Any considerations for uninstalling MLM in SFDC?

Hi Jamie,

No, there is none. anyway, if some of the fields in MLM are still being used, the uninstall utility will raise some errors and stop. You will have to remove all the references to these fields before you can complete the removal of the package.

-Greg