Re: Anonymous Web Page Activity in the Task - Number of Pages?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous Web Page Activity in the Task - Number of Pages?

Hi all - I have a smart campaign set up that is creating tasks if there is activity of 10 pages or greater over the past day on an anonymous lead.

The task currently contains: Inferred Company, Inferred City, Inferred State.

I'd like for the task to contain some indication of the number of web pages this person has visited. Obviously, I could put a text blurb in the tasks that this person has visited at least 10 pages over the past day, but that still leaves quite a bit to be desired. We commonly see much greater activity than 10 and I don't want to anchor people to that thought by putting a general number in there.

I know the number of pages is being tracked, as in SFDC on the Anonymous Web Activity tab I can see specifics over a period of time.

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you synch anonymous leads to Salesforce?  If so, how do you do this and how does your sales team act on the task if they are anonymous?

You can create a field to cumulate web page visits on the lead record during the desired measurement period.  The field should be a Score type and you would use the Change Score flow action to increment its value each time a lead visits a page.  You'd set the field's value to zero at the start of each measurement period (day, week, month, etc.).

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do as Elliot does, # of pages score, that increases each time someone visits any page.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Hi Elliott, this seems like a great offer that we'll use, thanks!
One minor issue, I noticed that on the activity log, the parent and the iframed page are tracked as two separate rows, so "Nubmer of Pages Visited" will be 2
Is there a way to control that? I don't want to exclude all our "Marketo" pages (as we'll probably use Marketo standalone pages also)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itay, I assume you're using an iFrame to display your form. You have two choices here, remove the form from the iFrame or remove the munchkin code from the iFrame. You're technically calling the same function twice, so it's not incorrect that the page is tracked twice. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternately, your smart campaign can have a filter in its smart list to not include visits to the pages displayed in your iframe or the Qualification Rule in the Schedule tab can allow the lead to run through the flow once every minute or so.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion Elliott. One question - is there a way that we can have the field timeframe reference on a rolling basis?

For example, I wouldn't want to do a field reset on every Monday. If it's Monday, I want the field to display activity the last 7 days (Tuesday-Monday). If it's Tuesday, the last 7 days (Wednesday-Tuesday). And so on and so forth.

Is this possible?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcus, sorry for the lengthy delay responding to your question.  A rolling value by for web page visits, etc. is not possible, but its a great Idea that you should submit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marcus, if you bear with me, I'm not 100% sure I understand where you're trying to go, but I can see how a program I have could help you.

Here's the sorta report I get..

0EM50000000QSlU.jpg

0EM50000000QSlV.jpg

It's a pretty simple campaign. I have two custom fields, Z Click & Z Click Stream [a text area]. Then the click campaign is.. Trigger | Visits any webpage. Change Data Value - Z Click = [{{trigger.client ip address}} {{trigger.trigger name}} {{trigger.web page}} from {{trigger.search engine}} {{trigger.search query}} {{trigger.referrer}}]-

Then the Stream looks for Z Click to be updated and when it is, CDV Z Click Stream = {{lead.Z Click}} {{lead.Z Click Stream}}

Then once a week I stick the date at the front so I have a point of reference. I can see how often people are visiting the site, if there are long lag times, many weeks without a visit, etc.  CDV Z Click Stream = ( {{system.date}} ) {{lead.Z Click Stream}}

You can certainly always add {{lead.Z Click Stream}} to an alert to your sales staff. What it won't do is provide a "Last 7 Days", which is implied already in the data, but if you wanted to do it, just create another reoccuring Batch campaign to CDV Z Click Stream = NULL, once a week.

If I were really smart, I'd write the Click campaign in 2 steps, and figure out a "First Visit, sub visits" such that I don't put the reffer in each time. Because as someone's clicking through your website, they go from one page to another. So this current setup captures both each time, so it's a bit annoying to read the duplicates. But whatever, i got bigger fish to fry right now. 🙂