Android devices and landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android devices and landing pages

I've seen a number of posts about mobile friendly landing pages, but nothing that states "to ensure your page renders on Android and iOS - make sure it conforms to the following specs...

I have a very simple landing page - 800 pixels wide, which renders fine on iOS devices, but the left hand side is cropped on Android devices, making part of the web form unreadable. In addition, the Android browsers won't allow me to zoom out to reveal the cropped part of the page. I've tried changing the left hand pixel position of the landing page elements to compensate but it doesn't matter where the content starts on the screen, Android devices crop the page.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Android devices and landing pages

Android 2.1 Eclair, BlackBerry OS 5, Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and Microsoft Surface do not implement W3C's specifications for media query (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/) therefore they will never offer the same level of user experience.

That is not specific to Marketo. It remains valid for any sender in any existing system, even desktop email clients sending or making content available to those devices. 

I have been working on responsive design for a while. Please let me know the URL of one landing page and I will try to find how to make it Android-friendly (Android 2.1 Eclair excluded)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help - I'll send it to you privately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I contact you privately?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have cerated a support case for you. 

Please keep in mind custom coding is formally out of Marketo Support. That is the domain of Professional Services.

I am glad to troubleshoot on a best effort basis though. I am comfortable with coding in general and responsive content in particular. The whole industry is moving in that direction, a direct consequence of smart devices consistently outselling desktops and laptops combined.