Anchoring Field So It's Always Visible w/ Progressive Profiling

Troy_Larson1
Level 3

Anchoring Field So It's Always Visible w/ Progressive Profiling

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question for you all. If I want to place a rich text field at the bottom of my forms, but I'm using progressive profiling - how is that done? Have any of you done this?

What I typically see is that as a person moves through the fields 1 of 2 things happen.

1. If you place the filed above the progressive fields, they will display below it -- not ideas.

2. If you place it at the bottom of the form, it's included in the progressive profile fields and only shows up at the end. Again, not ideal.

I've tried placing it as the last field (so in the progressive profile field box) but then using visibility rules to get it to always display. It seems like progressive profiling overwrites the visibility rules.

For the visibility rules I tired using something pretty obvious:

Display if: First Name Is Empty

First Name Is Not Empty

Open to any suggestions on how to make this a possibility.

Thanks,

-Troy

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Anchoring Field So It's Always Visible w/ Progressive Profiling

Hey Troy,

Latest reordering code is at MktoForms2 :: Demo :: Override Field Order 1.0.2

You can see in the demo that non-PP fields are moved below the Submit button. You can move them above, below, whatever!

Troy_Larson1
Level 3

Hey Sanford Whiteman

1. Thanks for the tip, it's always appreciated.

I do have a follow up question for you. It seems that when I attempt to implement your assist, it turns off my PP fields. So I either can move my fields wherever I want on the form and lose the PP option or I can have the PP option, but I lose the ability to move my fields.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Troy

pastedImage_2.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It can't have any effect on ProgPro functionality, since it rearranges the fields only _after_ the most appropriate ProgPro block has been chosen for the visitor.

That is, if the 3rd and 4th ProgPro fields are chosen to reveal on a given form view, those'll be the ones on the form, reordered or not.